What is Nebraska State Soccer?
Nebraska State Soccer Association (Nebraska State Soccer) is a 501 (c)(3) and a public charity under sections 509 (a)(1) and 170(b)(1)(A)(vi) of the Internal Revenue Code. This allows contributions to be deductible under section 170 of the code and we are qualified to receive deductible transfers or gifts under section 2055, 2106 or 2522 of the Internal Revenue Code.
We represent over 25,000 youth and adult soccer players, 3,000 coaches, 800 referees and 500 administrators throughout the State of Nebraska. Nebraska State Soccer consists of various clubs state-wide who register players (boys and girls) from ages four (4) through nineteen (19) on the youth side and any age on the adult side. Nebraska State Soccer is one of a few state associations that handle both the youth and adult programs out of a single office. This creates members of all ages working together statewide for the same vision, mission and values.
Nebraska State Soccer is a member of the United States Youth Soccer Association (US YOUTH SOCCER), United States Adult Soccer Association (USASA) and the official representative of the United States Soccer Federation (USSF) for the State of Nebraska.
By affiliation with the Nebraska State Soccer, players are also affiliated with these National associations and have the opportunity to participate in the following functions:
- Sanctioned tournaments in the United States, Canada and abroad.
- National Championship Series (formerly know as State Cup) - leads to Regional Competition and National Competition.
- Fall and Spring Recreational Tournaments - unique tournaments that are only open to recreational players.
- Classic Tournament - a unique tournament that are only open to competitive players.
- Leagues - State Sanctioned Leagues for all levels of play.
- Olympic Development Program - Elite players compete to make Regional and National teams.
- TOPSoccer Program - which is dedicated to persons with special needs.
- Soccer Across America Program - which is designed for the inner city and rural players.
- Insurance Coverage - players, coaches, assistant coaches and Board of Directors are covered under the policy.
- Coaching Education Program - courses and Clinics.
- Referee Program – certification clinics for anyone who would like to officiate soccer games.