Education and awareness are the most critical components to creating safe and respectful sporting enviorments, free of abuse and harassment. Nebraska State Soccer is committed to ensuring all administrators have the proper training to protect athletes from all forms of abuse that can occur in sports.
All COACHES AND TEAM MANAGERS must take the three (3) SafeSport Modules. After completion of the modules, a master certificate is generated and must be uploaded to your Affinity Sports administrator account.
- Emotional & Physical Misconduct
- Mandatory Reporting
- Sexual Misconduct Awareness Education
Please Note: All 3 modules must be completed. You will receive a master certificate after completing the final module.
You will be asked to enter an organization and access code when making your SafeSport account. Please reach out to your club to access that code.
Click Here to take your SafeSport Training courses!
Additional SafeSport Resources & Instructions
Protecting Young Victims from Sexual Abuse
and Safe Sport Authorization Act of 2017
On February 14th, 2018, the President signed the Protecting Young Victims from Sexual Abuse and Safe Sport Authorization Act of 2017 which is aimed at protecting amateur athletes* from sexual abuse. What exactly does the Law state?
The Law has a three-pronged approach:
- Any adult interacting with amateur athletes in the program has a duty to report abuse and or suspected abuse within a 24 hour period. EVERY adult is a mandatory reporter.
- The statute of limitations is extended for up to 10 years after a victim realizes he or she was abused.
- Limits an athlete under the age of 18 from being alone with an adult who is not their parent.
*What is an amateur athlete? Any child or minor under the age of 18.
Legislation is available for download (click here).
U.S. Center for SafeSport fact sheet: https://www.safesport.org/files/details/78