Frequently Asked Questions
How do I participate?
Players first will attend a ODP identification clinic either through their club or through Nebraska State Soccer. You can find these clinics on the ODP Calendar.
How do I know my age group?
Participation in ODP is based on birth year.
What happens if I'm selected?
Players will either be selected for the Player Development Program or the Olympic Development Program. Each program will have training once a month. Players who are selected for a Nebraska ODP team will participate in showcases and clinics throughout the year. Only players who participate in the state ODP team can be selected to attend the Regional ODP camp.
How are players selected?
Players are selected on the basis of open tryouts as described above. These tryouts are conducted by state association coaches who are recognized for their ability to identify and train players with superior skills. Nebraska State Soccer uses the identification clinics for scouting and selection. Selection of these players is not an easy task. The state association Director of Coaching and the age group head coach will be assisted in the selection process by several other qualified coaches from the club or league level. Players are evaluated on the four components that make up a soccer player:
3. Fitness and Athletic Ability
4. Psychological Component (attitude)
What are the benefits of participating in ODP?
1. Development as a player. The opportunity to train and play with the best player's in one's age group.
2. Quality instruction from nationally licensed coaches.
3. Quality competition. Games against other state association ODP teams.
4. Exposure to regional and national team coaches.
5. The opportunity to represent one's state, region, or country in competition.
6. Exposure to college coaches