Procedures/Policy for No Pass/Red Card Reports
Procedures/Policy Passes and Red Card/Ejection Reports
Coaches and Referees
As coaches and referees you are expected to seek out and read the rules or policies of any event that you participate. You need to remember that the rules or polices may vary depending on the league, hosting group or event. Please contact the Administrator or Assignor for your event and ask for a copy of the rules. Most are available online and there are links to most events on our website. Direct links to sanctioned leagues
For the State Office and the hosting organization (e.g. league, tournament) to deal with violations, reports need to be submitted in a timely manner. All reports need to be submitted within 24 hours of the completion of the match.
Red Card/Ejection Reports -
Referees shall report to the State Office and the hosting organization (e.g. league, tournament) any player issued a Red Card or any Ejection of a coach, team official or spectator. Referees will submit the report to the State Office using the online Red Card/Ejection Report
The referees report automatically initiates the action against the individual.
- Report will be forwarded to SRA (State Referee Administrator)
- Any supporting documentation shall be forwarded to the State Office and the hosting organization (e.g. league, tournament).
Hosting organization (e.g. league, tournament) will take first action and report their action to the State Office. If there is assault or abuse of a referee the SRA will take first action.
All players, coaches, team officials or spectators will be subject to the penalties listed in the Nebraska State Soccer Rules and Regulations, please understand that the league or event may have greater or additional fines or suspensions.
Identification Passes -
All players and coaches registered to a youth or adult team shall carry a Nebraska State Soccer/US Youth Soccer approved identification player/coach pass. A player/coach pass will be required to be on the sideline at any sanctioned league or tournament match. Identification player/coach passes shall be furnished to the referee prior to each match.
- Identification player/coach passes remain the property of the Nebraska State Soccer and must be produced and/or surrendered upon request.
- Referees shall report to the State Office and make a note on the game card the name of any individual unable to produce an identification player/coach pass. Referees will submit the report to the State Office using the online Player/Coach No Pass Report
- Identification player/coach passes shall have a picture of the individual attached and shall be signed and laminated.
Please note, some in-house recreational leagues at U10 and below may not require passes. An in-house program is when teams only play other teams within their club.
State Office Action on No Pass Reports -
The State Office reviews every report submitted and notifies the league of any violations. The State Office will assess fines to the leagues based on the penalties below. The league will then pass the fine or suspension on to the Affiliate Member (club) in the name of the player or coach who had the violation. We will take action and fine or suspend for any violations.
Penalties for Illegal Players or Player/Coach No Pass Report -
All players and coaches will be subject to the penalties stated below, please understand that the league may have greater or additional fines or suspensions. Use of Illegal Player - any club or coach which fields a player ineligible or illegal because of improper registration or deception will be subject to one or any combination of the following depending on the offense:
- forfeiture of game
- up to two years probation
- up to a year suspension from any sanctioned play
- up to a $500 fine
Use of a player without a pass will result in the following penalties. Offenses are tracked per player per Seasonal Year (August 1 – July 31).
- 1st offense, all penalties waived
- 2nd offense a $10.00 to $75.00 fine
- 3rd offense a $25.00 to $200.00 fine and up to a two game suspension for the coach.
- 4th offense a $100.00 to $250.00 fine and up to a five game suspension for the coach.
Players and Coaches must be properly registered and have an Identification Pass on the sideline. Violations will not be
tolerated - Nebraska State Soccer Rules and Regulations